The Blackberry Storm will be available on 11/21 in the U.S. It’s getting some early reviews and they’re a mixed bag. Will this be an “iPhone killer”, will it have similar problems that the Bold encountered, or at the end of the day is it just another Blackberry (not that that’s a bad thing)?
A couple of things I’ve gathered so far that are worth emphasizing:
- Everyone talks about it costing $200 in the U.S. with a two-year Verizon contract, but the real cost is $250. That’s what they’ll take from you, that’s what you’ll see coming out of your bank account, and that’s what’s gonna be on your receipt. Afterwards, if you tackle the paperwork and wait a month or two, they’ll send you a $50 debit card in the mail.
- Data/Voice plans appear on a par with AT&T and others (around $70/month), but keep in mind the visual voice mail Verizon offers is an additional $3 a month.
- Turn by turn directions are available, but that’s another $10 a month.
- For Mac users, there’s no updated MacMediaCenter app available yet to move media to the device.
- No Wi-Fi. Verizon says it would just eat up battery life, but that’s wrong; Wi-Fi uses lessjuice than 3G.